The sales associate is responsible for greeting the customers and ensuring customers have a positive, safe shopping experience. The sales associate will perform various sales and registers transactions.
Meet company sales goals by recommending items to customers and helping them locate items they are interested in purchasing.
Ring purchases, processing credit cards and cash payments, and counting money.
Knows the policies of the store (exchanges, refunds, promotions, etc.)
Dresses professionally (according to the store's dress code) and speaks professionally to customers
Performs cleaning tasks (sweeping, dusting, wiping counters, mirrors, disinfecting high-touch areas (including restrooms and sales floor)
Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Other duties as assigned by management.
*Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
* 18 years old or older
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Lift and carry at least 30 pounds
* Attendance is essential in order to meet the company's objectives and goals
* Able to perform basic mathematical calculations used in retail